Today I'm going to show you how to make your own lipbalm. There are so much ingredients in lipbalm we buy in stores that we will never know the meaning of. And if that doesn't bother you, it's always fun to make it yourself as well.
We will work with all natural ingredients here, such as:
- Cacaobutter, with many unsaturated fats and has a nourishing effect.
- Jojoba oil, to keep our lips silky smooth.
- Shea butter to keep our lips soft.
- Beewax, to protect our lips.
We see all sorts of tutorials on our world wide web from people who make their own lipstick with Vaseline, eyeshadow and even crayons. But those aren't natural ingedrients and it's better to do it the healthiest way possible, since we're not making lipstick every day.
So what do we need exactly?
* 1 tablespoon of beeswax (you can find it in hobby-stores or at an organic store. They also use beeswax to make candles)
* 1/2 tablespoon cacaobutter or sheabutter (you can also find them at organic stores)
* 4 tablespoons of almond oil (this contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E. You can find it in a grocery store or at organic stores and it's also perfect as a massage oil!)
* max. 1 tablespoon honey (it's not necessary but it gives the lipstick a sweet taste)
* If you want a certain scent, you can always put in a drop of essential oils.
* We also need containers to put in our lipstick. You can find them in home depots, grocery stores or Ebay.
How to make it?
We first put the tablespoon of beeswax and the cacaobutter in a heat resistant bowl.Then we add the 4 tablespoons of almond oil and if wanted, the honey (for a sweeter taste). Put the heat resistant bowl in a pot of water and heat it up until the ingredients become liquid. Then take the bowl out of the water and if you like some colour, you can add some by putting pigment in it or maybe some essential oils for a certain scent.
Then you can put the liquid substance into the containers and wait for it to cool off.
Now it's ready to use!
Hope you enjoyed it!!